|Empower the world you want to be part of ……|
We know it’s been a rough year for many. We are rallying support in the last days of the financial year towards organisations that continue to ‘do good’ through these tough times. Here is our hot list for any tax deductible donations that align with your values …..
* Make a donation to ORICoop Bushfire Fund (tax deductible via AMF)
* Offset your carbon footprint directly with organic producers
* Support our friends at CERES who continue to do incredible things across Melbourne
* Fifteen trees – buy your own tree to be planted and watch them grow
* Buy a carbon credit that goes directly to indigenous communities
* Trees for Life – connecting seeds with farmers one by one
* Buy a piece of rainforest – from just $2.50
* Bush Heritage – supporting bushland conservation
* Tasmanian Land Conservancy – preserving farmland in Tasmania
* Offset Earth – for only $2.50/week
* Firesticks – supporting Indigenous communities
And your yearly financial health check up list!
* Transfer your super to one that aligns with your investment criteria
* Review your banking (and mortgage choices) to an ethical one
* Switch your browser to Ecosia and plant some trees
* Close down that ‘extra’ credit card
* Invest your funds to enable ethical and sustainable returns that don’t cost the earth
Could your business achieve Net-Zero by EOFY 2021?
We are urgently calling on all ethical, organic, conscious businesses to aim for Net-Zero by the End of this Financial Year. Let’s show some love for our planet! Here is how you can start your journey….
* Calculate your carbon and environmental footprint
Our newly released Eco-Credits can help you achieve this – while directly benefiting organic producers that are increasing the carbon across their farm businesses. Key outcomes include:-
* Verified independent soil tests confirm carbon drawdown
* Quantification of biodiversity quality and density in every farm system
* Annual ecological reports (including natural capital)
* Eco-Credits™ are only offered once and then retired
* All purchasers receive an Offset Certificate to verify your offset
Or contact us for more information
The Organic and Regenerative Investment Co-operative (ORICoop) is focussed on bringing together farmers, friends and businesses for the better. ORICoop exists to increase the productivity and profitability of organically and regeneratively managed land in Australia, while supporting farmers to be better land stewards of our ecological farming systems. We support organic and biodynamic farms to transition their agricultural businesses for the better. This builds a more resilient Australian food and farming economy that can change the way our farmers do business … for the long term.
WHAT IS THE CARBON FOOTPRINT OF YOUR BUSINESS?
We are excited to announce the creation of a direct Business-to-Farm carbon and ecological offset.
Bringing together farmers interested to drawdown carbon – and in the process offset the carbon footprint of business. Eco-Credits™ are a credible and definable instrument to measure ecological health, whilst enabling business to OFFSET their carbon footprint. A true WIN-WIN between conscious businesses and ecological farm stewards, that supports our planet for the long term better.
ORICoop has created Eco-Credits™ so conscious businesses and individuals can offset their carbon footprint, with direct, measurable and tangible outcomes. Eco-Credits™ are deployed to selected organic farmers who commit Eco-Credits™ to their farmland. These credits are independently and annually verified using the latest technology and measurement parameters. Each business receives a report provided by the collective of farm contributors each year – detailing what the Eco-Credit™ collective outcome has achieved in terms of carbon offset and ecological health.
Eco-Credits™ – ‘An ecological and farmer driven market instrument that offers a pathway to a stronger and more robust organic farming industry. That is empowered to withstand market pressures on farm production systems, together with sustainable and measured outcomes. Demonstrated via shorter supply chains, better food security, reliable market data, and a transparent market that enables farmers to achieve the best value for their work.’
- Vitalise capital to connect business, food and farming for better long term outcomes
- Enable farmers to benefit from the value of natural capital in their farming systems
- Connect business and individual carbon offsets directly to farmers
- Align with accredited stewardship measures and outcomes
HOW CAN FARMERS REGISTER FOR the ECO-CREDIT™ PROGRAM?
Farmers around Australia have a massive opportunity to draw down carbon into their farms both above and below ground through best practice ecological stewardship. Farmers can be rewarded for improving the land that they manage, and the carbon that is sequestered terrestrially via biodiversity enrichment and through an increase in soil organic carbon. Eco-Credits™ are deployed directly to organic and regenerative farmers – that are committed to increase the amount of carbon stored in their soil and to honour the value of water, soil, ecological health and biodiversity in their organic and agroecological farming systems.
Key measurable outcomes of Eco-Credits™ include:
- Increase in sequestered carbon in soil, trees and biomass
- Increase in biodiversity quality, area and ecosystem health
- Healthier soils and water
- Increase in birdlife and endangered wildlife
- Permanency and verifiable
- Market Transformational
- Environmental and social co-benefits
Organic farms can REGISTER HERE for the next Eco-Credit project