How can ORICoop achieve this?
● By increasing carbon drawdown in farmland.
● Demonstration of best practice ecological land management.
● Incentives that connect ecological outcomes of soil, land, biodiversity, and water
● Measurable outcomes of land stewardship in terms of nature, wildlife, and land preservation.
● Enable farms and businesses to work together to achieve carbon neutrality
● Develop better market opportunities, shorter supply chains, and best practice organic farm knowledge.
HOW CAN FARMERS REGISTER
FOR the ECO-CREDIT™ PROGRAM?
Farmers around Australia have a massive opportunity to draw down carbon into their farms both above and below ground. Through regenerative land stewardship, farmers can be rewarded for improving the land that they manage, and the carbon that is sequestered terrestrially via biodiversity enrichment and through an increase in soil organic carbon.
Eco-Credits ™ are deployed directly to organic farmers – that are committed to increase the amount of carbon stored in their soil and to acknowledge the value of water, soil, and biodiversity in their organic and agro-ecological farming system. These commitments are independently verified via a third party audit trail.
Opportunities for farmers to commit to Ecological Credits (Eco-Credits™) include a tailored combination of:- –
- Increased levels of carbon in the soil
- Dedicated areas of biodiversity and diversity
- Plant more native trees
- Plant dedicated amounts of cover crops
- Plant fruit trees
Organic Farms can REGISTER HERE for the next Eco-Credit project
Farms calculate their own carbon footprint HERE
Each farmer will contribute to an annual Eco-Credit™ report for purchasers of the Eco-Credits. This report details the collective Eco-Credit™ impact, and the ecological drawdown benefit of well-managed farmland together with improved biodiversity areas including birds, insects, and endangered wildlife.
If your business is interested in Eco-Credits – complete the EOI above to register.