Be part of our journey
- Be part of the global change & transition to a resilient, sustainable, organic, ecological & regenerative food production system
- Offer long term patient capital investment (5+ years), with real returns across organic farmland & investment partnerships
- Preserve existing certified organic & biodynamic farmland in perpetuity
- Increase the number of hectares of protected biodiversity, woodlands, wetland & healthy ecosystems across the Australian agricultural & farming landscape.
- Build more carbon resilience & increase across farming systems.
- Provide stable and long term agricultural & business opportunities to the next generation of organic farm managers and businesses
- Reduce the environmental impact of agriculture & food production, by avoiding toxic chemicals & fertilisers into soils, waterways & farmland
- Build an inclusive & collaborative employment and management culture, that does not discriminate on race, age or gender
- Invest in businesses, communities & people that build a stronger, more resilient & transparent business, food and community based ecosystem
- Enable businesses that nurture regenerative, economic & ecological policies & practices
We encourage our Co-operative members to understand and register their support of the Slow Money Principles.
A measurable parameter of the co-operative is UN sustainable principles included here.
Who are we?
We are a group of passionate, talented, innovative and aligned founding members, that together intend to bring change to the investment, farming, food & co-operative sector
Founder & Organic Land Specialist
Driven, passionate, multi-skilled, organic farmer, strong advocate for innovative ideas, & a team player. ORICoop is a reflection of my desire to see a fair go for farmers, & for all Australians.
Agroecology Head Teacher
Exceptional organic & agroecology teacher and farmer, innovator, creator, hard working, truth in organic systems type of guy!
Ahri Tallon is a born organiser, community worker and active campaigner who loves to work on innovative projects that connect communities and address the big problems of the world. With his long history of experience in the environmental and progressive movements, his work now focuses on community and co-operative development projects that address social, economic and environmental problems.
Consultant, coach and educator. Challenging paradigms and leveraging change in agriculture. Connecting producers and consumers and empowering the next generation of agriculturalists. Passionately supporting farming done well.
Organic sector overview
Currently the organic sector in Australia is worth in excess of $1.73B, and growing at a rate of 13-14% per annum (Organic Market Report, 2017). The market has a strong consumer demand, with more educated consumers looking for connection, authenticity, certified and legitimate products in Australia.
The most difficult aspects of the industry are the lack of a stable and long term farmland growth opportunities. Together with constraints around the labour force, business development and expertise needed to build stronger businesses over the long term.
ORICoop endeavours to meet these needs, and many others through the power, transparency and influence of a co-operative, together with an experienced Board, co-operative members, key strategic advisors, aligned partners and specialist consultants.
ORICoop will enable specific ‘Investment offerings’ inline with the best overall intentions of the co-operative, and following approval by ORICoop Board.