Be part of our journey
- Be part of the global change towards a resilient, sustainable, organic, ecological & regenerative food production system
- Offer long term patient capital investment (5+ years) opportunities, with real returns in organic farmland
- Preserve existing certified organic & biodynamic farmland in perpetuity
- Increase the number of hectares of protected biodiversity, woodlands, wetland & healthy ecosystems across the Australian agricultural landscape.
- Build more carbon resilience & increase carbon stores across farming & forestry systems.
- Provide stable and long term agricultural business opportunities to the next generation of organic farm managers and businesses
- Reduce the environmental impact of agriculture & food production, by avoiding toxic chemicals & fertilisers into soils, waterways & farmland
- Build an inclusive & collaborative management culture, that does not discriminate on race, age or gender
- Invest in businesses, communities & people that build a stronger, more resilient & transparent business and community based ecosystem
- Empower businesses that nurture regenerative, economic & ecological policies & practices
We encourage our Co-operative members to understand and register their support of the Slow Money Principles.
A measurable parameter of the co-operative is UN sustainable principles included here.
Who are we?
We are a united collective of passionate, talented, innovative and aligned founding ORICoop members, that together intend to bring long term change to the farming, food, investment & co-operative sector
ORICoop Founder & Director
Driven, passionate, multi-skilled, resourceful, organic farmer, strong advocate for equality & a team player. ORICoop is a reflection of my deep desire to see a more aligned connection between our farmers, our eaters, healthy farmland, & our financial systems.
Social enterprise entrepreneur with a passion for regenerative systems, A Social Ecologist with a background in Permaculture, Organics, Biodynamics & Environmental Science. A passion for living systems & sees regenerative agriculture as healing for popele & the land. As a weaver she works to support individuals, community groups & world movements through volunteering & her personal passion.
Leading organic & agroecology teacher and farmer, innovator, creator, passionate about regenerative farming systems, biodiversity & nature. A hard working, truth in organic & regenerative systems type of guy!
Social enterprise entrepreneur with a passion for regenerative systems, sharing economy & cooperative principles. My profession brings together my fascination of energy, biological, mechanical & electrical experiences in fields ranging from printing, mechanical engineering & specialty gases to develop bioenergy systems that support organic & biodynamic farmers & food production.
Local food advocate & educator, business builder, food co-op founder & regenerative farmer of heritage fruit which she intentionally sells via short supply chains. ‘We all eat & by coming together, celebrating our farmers & considering our choices we can make a profound difference to rural Australia’.
Organic sector overview
Currently the organic sector in Australia is worth in excess of $1.73B, and growing at a rate of 13-14% per annum (Organic Market Report, 2017). The market has ongoing strong consumer demand, with more educated consumers looking for connection, authenticity, certified healthy food in Australia.
The most difficult aspects of the industry are the lack of stable supply chains and a continued increasing demand in the amount of certified organic farmland area. Together with constraints around the agricultural labour force, business development and deep expertise needed to build stronger & climate resilient farm businesses over the long term.
ORICoop endeavours to meet these needs, and many others through our collective expertise, the transparency and member based values of a co-operative. Together with an experienced Board, co-operative members, key strategic advisors, aligned partners and specialist consultants we are ready to tackle this exciting proposition!
ORICoop will enable investment opportunities into specific organic farmland investment offerings, inline with ecologically balanced intentions of the land, the farm managers & the investor returns.
Our ‘Eater’ members’ intention is to be more closely connected to farmland, & to their increasing desire to see more organic food in their communities, local & direct from farmers to them.