All have different attributes that enable them to be approved by our Investment Team, and Board. However the key principles of our Investment Criteria must be met by each property, and it’s ongoing intention & management.
- Management practices that embrace International Organic Standards
- Localised food system/cycle as much as possible
- Best practice soil and moisture maintenance
- Intention to build & protect carbon incrementally over time
- Low/medium stocking rates according to carrying capacity
- Intergrated crop/animal rotation to enable best diversity
- Protection of sensitive areas of biodiversity and waterways
- Use of agroecology principles of low energy, low inputs (less than 50%)
- Fair treatment of all staff and employees on farms & businesses
- No prejudice towards race, religion, colour of people.