* Buy local
* Support your farmers
* Donate direct
Certified organic farmers t have endured life changing bushfires, land and asset damage and emotional stress that is hard to comprehend. For some, the bushfires have come on top of an unrelenting drought.
Whether they have been directly or indirectly affected by fire, many certified organic and biodynamic producers are now counting the cost on their businesses. Benmar Farm (pictured above) & Marook Farm were under daily threat from multiple fire fronts early in the Summer, while trying to keep their dairy operations going.
We know there are organic farmers affected from Adelaide Hills, Kangaroo Island, East Gippsland, North East Victoria, and regional areas of NSW. We are working towards supporting them, both in their farm recovery and by rallying volunteer support for their long road ahead.
The recovery of many communities will be long, slow and hard. We ask you to continue to support them. To hear their stories. To donate your time. To visit these regions. To buy direct from farmers.
Now is the time to back your farmers – eat as if it matters!
ORGANIC FARMERS BUSHFIRE APPEAL
You can directly support fire-affected organic and biodynamic farmers in their long road to recovery. Our appeal team is working directly with farmers to help them restore their farmland, and support their farming enterprise while retaining their organic status. Some of the ways we are directly supporting these farmers includes:-
- Access to certified organic or biodynamic fodder
- Soil testing and organic inputs for land restoration
- Funds to replace essential farm equipment
- Facilitating farm volunteer projects
- Replacing burnt fruit & nut trees
- Native bushland recovery
- Pro-bono support from experienced organic consultants in fire recovery
* If you are an ORGANIC CONSUMER or BUSINESS you can help in the following ways:-
* If you are a CERTIFIED ORGANIC PRODUCER AFFECTED by the recent fires you contact us HERE with specific details of what support you require
* If you are a business interested in direct donations from your customers – you can contact us HERE. You can also share our FLYER with your customers. Or if your business can assist in bushfire and drought recovery of organic farms – contact us HERE.
* If you are a CERTIFIED ORGANIC PRODUCER that can OFFER fodder, agistment or other assistance to affected organic farmers contact us directly HERE
ORICoop is working with partners in each fire affected region to get our farmers back growing organic food and fibre. What about planning your next trip to these areas – offering some extra hands for farmers that need us in their long road to recovery.
You can read the latest update here and to keep up-to-date with ORICoop initiatives by following us:-
You can join ORICoop here...
And join the force for a better farming and food system?
* Organic Farm Business
* Farmland Transition
* Investment Pathways
* Connecting foodies and farmers for the better good